Reports to: Assistant Manager
Job Title: Bar Staff
Deliver outstanding customer care;
- Follow opening, closing and compliance checks in order and have signed off by manager.
- Acknowledge customers immediately with a friendly, sincere and energetic greeting.
- Product knowledge – have an exceptional understanding of all Southampton Angel menu items and share your knowledge at every opportunity.
- Product knowledge – understand every additional business area of Fallen Angel sufficiently to explain to customers and upsell.
- Follow the Southampton Angel recipes, measures and methods – make the drinks to the correct standard, produce quality every time.
- NO FREE POURING!
- Produce drinks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure your section and the bar is set up correctly for each shift following compliance reporting, be well prepared at all times and ensure that stock levels are never low.
- Always leave your section clean and fully stocked following section order file before you finish your shift.
- Escalate any customer complaints to the manager immediately.
- Maintain positive and professional body language and rapport and be confident, self-assured.
- Ensure the “farewell” part of the customer experience is as energetic as the greeting.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of all products and use this knowledge to up sell, inform and entice customers.
- Participate in promotions and understand which products drive sales.
Deliver Southampton Angel company standards;
- Be punctual and arrive early for your shift.
- Arrive to work in uniform, clean and ironed.
- Do not begin shift without receiving a briefing from your supervisor.
- All prepared garnishes and juices are to be dated to our standards.
- Completing set up/close down & handover checklists to supervisors satisfaction.
- Make sure all of the drinks meet Southampton Angel standards before delivery to the customer.
- Be dressed and groomed to Southampton Angel standards.
- Follow “clean as you go” at all times, do not leave dirty items on the bar.
- Support your team members and help when they need you.
- Ensure food hygiene and compliance policies are implemented at all times.
- Maintain equipment and advise on repairs or improvements needed for greater efficiency.
- Facilitate stock control of liquor and bar related produce.
- Participate in all training activities.
- To work within the Systems & Procedures of Southampton Angel, including:
- Opening & Closing Procedure
- Cleaning Procedures
- Equipment Maintenance Procedures
- Liquor License House Policy
- Food Hygiene Requirements
- Cash and Credit Card handling systems
- Style of Service, perception and customer handling
- Communication with colleagues is always on a professional level to promote teamwork and respect!
Duty of care
There are two areas that pertain to all front of house staff;
- CUSTOMERS: This entails the general safety and well being of our clientele; particularly with regards to responsible service of alcohol, but also encompasses the physical & mental well being of guests whilst in the venue and also leaving the venue.
- THE BUSINESS: This is the responsibility of staff in relation to the general operation; particularly with adherence to liquor license requirements, maintaining safety for you and your colleagues, maintaining liquor stock, equipment & property, and confidentiality of business information.
Please send a CV and letter of self introduction to: